PAL Scheme Activity
Ensuring your activity is recorded:
- The PAL Scheme is all about workplace physical activity, so you can get rewards for your steps between Monday and Friday
- Using the pedometer given to you, you can check how many steps you are taking each day and enter it onto your PAL profile. In case you miss a day or just simply forget, you can go back and enter days you missed (up to the previous 3 days)
- Any activity completed outside of your work life, cannot be recorded by the PAL scheme and thus, no PAL points can be awarded
- PAL points are capped at 30 PAL points per day (100 steps = 1 PAL point)* Thus, on a given day, PAL points will not be awarded for any recorded physical activity over 3000 steps, although the pedometer will still continue to monitor your physical activity so don't feel the need to stop just because you've hit your target
* The pedometers have a 7 day memory, so you can keep an eye on your steps outside of work at over the weekend too. However taken between Monday - Friday which are not uploaded within 3 days, are unfortunately lost and as such, we cannot award any points for steps that have not been uploaded.
What do I have to do to register?
You have already signed up and were randomly allocated to the Late Starters group. If you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to answer them.
Does taking part in the PAL scheme cost me anything?
No, taking part will not cost you a penny! All you will require access to the internet in order to visit the website to upload and monitor your minutes of physical activity, collect points and redeem your rewards!
What do I do if I experience any problems with the PAL Scheme?
If you experience any problems with your pedometer or the website, for example, if your steps are not being recorded or if you have problems logging in, please get in touch with us. We will be happy to help out with any issues.
How do I claim rewards?
Spending your points couldn’t be simpler. Just follow these steps:
1.Click on the Rewards tab
2.Click on the images for further details of the rewards.
3.Click the 'redeem your reward' option.
4. The PAL team will be notified and we can then pop your One4All Gift Card in the post to you.
5. If you have more points to spend, simply repeat the steps outlined above.
What do I do if I suffer an injury while being active or feel unwell while undertaking physical activity as part of this scheme?
This is something that is very unlikely to happen but if it does we want to hear about it so please get in touch. Please read the information at Be Careful, Stay Safe which contains tips on how to stay safe and injury free.
Can I earn points for any physical activity I do outside of the PAL Scheme?
We encourage you to do as much physical activity as you can. Any physical activity that you do will count towards improving your health. We are not able to track any physical activity you do outside of the PAL Scheme therefore you will only be able to earn points for your physical activity recorded within the PAL Scheme (Monday - Friday).
What do I do if I forget my username/password?
If you forget your user name or password, click on the request new password link and type in your e-mail address. You will be sent a new one-time password that you can use to log in and change your password. If you continue to experience problems, just contact us and we will try to sort it out as quickly as possible.
What to do if I lose my pedometer?
If you lose your pedometer please contact us via email and we will arrange to send you a replacement pedometer. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I check how many steps I’ve taken?
To open the device, hold the pedometer upright and grasp the top clip with one hand and use the other hand to pull the case open.
To check how many steps you’ve taken, press the memory button (grey button on bottom right of screen). This will let you view the steps you have taken across the past 7 days (use the grey and yellow buttons to move up or down through the days). You will notice a small number appear in the bottom right of the screen – this will tell you how many days ago the recording is for. For example, if the device is showing 8,500 steps and the display says 1 day ago, that means you walked 8,500 steps yesterday.
** Please note that you can only enter your steps for the last 3 days on the website so please remember to check and record your steps often!
Can I wear the pedometer on the weekends?
The PAL Scheme is all about workplace physical activity, thus we only ask that you upload your steps between Monday and Friday. You may wear the pedometer at weekends however as this scheme is designed to specifically promote workplace activity, we will not be asking you to record your steps at the weekend i.e. you will only be able to build up points on activity undertaken during the week.
What will the personal information I provide be used for?
We want to know how beneficial the scheme is in terms of increasing your physical activity levels and in improving your health. In order to do that we need to ask everyone a number of questions. These questionnaires are quick and easy to complete and can all be done in your own time. The results of the study will be published in a scientific journal. You will not be identified in any publication. All information that is collected about you during the course of the scheme will be kept strictly confidential, and will not be passed onto anyone else.
What do I do if I no longer want to take part and would like to cancel my account?
No problem. You are free to withdraw from the scheme at any time, without giving a reason. Please contact us via email: email@example.com or telephone (02890978979) if you wish to withdraw.